Colorado Dealers Licenses are granted by the Colorado Department of Revenue Dealer Board in Denver, Colorado.
To find out how to get an Colorado Dealer License, you can call the
Colorado Department of Revenue Dealer Board at 303-205-5696.
You will need to complete the following steps in order to obtain your Colorado Dealers License
1. Dealer Application
Download Colorado Dealer License Application
2. Financial statement: In order to obtain a CO Dealers License the Colorado Dealer Licensing Board requires a net worth of $50,000 Download Statement of Financial Condition
3. Credit Bureau Report: You must give the Colorado Dealer Licensing Board a copy of your Credit Report before you obtain a dealer license. You must have a credit score of 600 or higher to obtain a Colorado Dealer License. Contact Experian for a copy of your Credit Report
4. Background Check: You must include a Background Check with your Colorado Dealer License application. Contact the Colorado Bureau of Investigation to obtain a Background Check
5. Place of Business Affidavit: You will need to include a Place of Business Affidavit with your Colorado Dealer License application. Download a Place of Business Affidavit here
6. You must have an enclosed office with electricity and at least one restroom before you apply for your Dealer License
7.You must have space to display one or more vehicle
8. You will need to be open at least 12 hours a week
9. You must have a permanent business sign viewable from the nearest roadway
10.Mastery Examination. You must take a test and score 100%. You can download the test that you will be required to take
11. All business documents such as Articles of Incorporation, must be included in your Dealer License Application packet
12. Any franchise agreement you have must also be included
13. Dealer Plate Affidavit. An application for dealer license plates must be included. Download a Dealer Plate Affidavit here
14. Colorado Sales Tax License. Please include your Colorado Sales Tax License
15. All Fees. Make your check payable to the Colorado Department of Revenue. Click here view the Current Licensing Fees
16. Dealer Bond: You must include a bond in the amount of $50,000. Click here to obtain a Colorado Dealer Bond
If you have further questions about a Colorado Dealer License, you can call the Colorado Department of
Revenue Dealer Board at 303-205-5696.